Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It's been a week since my last confession...

ahhh things are looking up friends!  A dear follower named Tracie sent me some actipatches... they are like thin circle bands that you tape down with the wound in the center.  Here is a link: http://bielcorp.com/products/recoveryrx/
I've been wearing one on and off for 4 days and believe it or not, the big wound on my left side is almost healed!! Every time I try to upload pictures to photobucket, they are rejected for being too graphic haha.  I'll figure out a loophole soon enough and get some updated ones up.
So.... my life lately has been planning marathons and I'm itching to start training!  I still plan on doing my first 1/2 marathon on September 24. I know I can do it.
This surgery and recovering has been taking over for the last 3 months and now I'm starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel =)  People have come to me or messaged me to tell me how my struggle and my story has changed their life.  Maybe everything does happen for a reason and this is just God's way of saying that I'm tough and other people needed me to suffer in order to change. 
Oh yeah! My mom called me and said that 2 of my sisters (who are extremely obese) are training now to do a biathlon.... they'll be running 3 miles and biking 10.  I'm pretty excited for them because I think that if they have a goal in mind (such as a biathlon), then they will start taking their health seriously.  I've tried to lead them in the right direction but sometimes it just doesn't "click" with people until they take it upon themselves to see the problem and plan a solution.
Beth has discharged me from home nursing care =)  I'm going to miss her!!  lol I have made a good friend in my home nurse!  As of Friday, the 12th, my front and right side were completely healed and the left side has gotten much smaller.  The red swelling is almost gone and my temperature has been average.  Dr. Camp said that I would most likely be healed before she saw me again on the 24th and I'm thinking she is right!!  How freak'n exciting!?
Mark has been talking about wanting to take a vacation with me... even just a stay at a hotel for a night with no kids, no phones, no obligations.  We need a break.  But, it's completely impossible to find a babysitter that wants to handle a 4 year old and a 1 year old.  Soooo... we shall see.... I'd really like to go somewhere when the wounds are completely closed =)

No comments:

Post a Comment